Glenner Centers Holiday Closures:
– January 1 (New Year’s Day)
– Memorial Day
– July 4th (Independence Day)
– Labor Day
– Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
– Christmas Day
When a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it is usually observed on the preceding Friday or the following Monday.
CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUPS
For 37 years, a primary mission of the George G. Glenner Alzheimer’s Family Centers, Inc.® has been to provide support and help for the caregiver. Most groups offer free respite care for your loved one while you attend the support group.
Each of our centers offers weekly or bi-weekly professionally-facilitated support groups. These meetings are free and open to all caregivers and family members of individuals with dementia.
THE BENEFITS OF CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUPS
- Develop relationships with other caregivers
- Exchange advice and caregiving solutions
- Learn about valuable community resources
- Gain empowerment through encouragement
- Know you are not alone