EARLY INTERVENTION · EDUCATION · EMPOWERMENT
CARING FOR A LOVED ONE WITH DEMENTIA CAN BE HARD….REALLY HARD.
As a caregiver of someone with dementia, you face many difficult situations. Normal activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and eating can become sources of deep frustration. Handling specific and changing behaviors brings on another set of challenges that you might not have the tools to face. You often find yourself in a challenging situation with no immediate answers. You know there are resources available, but what are they? Where do you start? Who do you call? What can you afford? Navigating the complex healthcare system can be overwhelming to say the least!
At the Glenner Centers, we know this. As a result, and in keeping with our mission to support family caregivers of loved ones with dementia, we proudly introduce GLENNERCARE™.
WHAT IS GLENNERCARE™?
- GLENNERCARE™ is a virtual dementia care navigation service to provide you with professional recommendations, support and referrals from the privacy and safety of your own home.
- When a challenge arises at home, don’t pack up and head to the emergency room. Instead, simply pick up the phone and call in. Your GLENNERCARE™ Team of Dementia Care Specialists will triage your situation and a next course of action will be recommended. If necessary, our team can even initiate a video call with your primary care physician or specialist.
- GLENNERCARE™ is not only there for you during challenging times. By working together to monitor your loved one’s vital signs, our team can play a role in uncovering a potential underlying condition, therefore preventing a crisis before it happens!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE GLENNERCARE™ PROGRAM?
- Ongoing dementia care support via phone, email and text
- Peace of mind knowing that you have a dedicated care navigation team behind you (RN, MSW, Care Liaison)
- Guidance on diffusing difficult dementia-related behaviors
- Referrals to vetted community resources
- Education on dementia care strategies and best practices
- Minimize unnecessary, unwanted and expensive trips to the ER, urgent care center and/or hospital
HOW MUCH DOES GLENNERCARE™ COST?
As a non-profit organization, we aim to keep our programs as affordable and accessible as possible. Therefore, we are proud to be able to offer our specialized GLENNERCARE™ service at no cost for all our enrolled families!
"Thank you for the information you have given me. It helped me understand what it is about. I am so thankful to you and Shannon for being there during a time where I didn't know where to turn. Also, please tell Pam that she was like an angel that showed up during the time that I was losing my sanity and enrolled me into GLENNERCARE.
I can't thank you enough for all the help you have given me, my husband and my mom. Dementia/Alzheimer’s is very, very bad.
Thanks, I appreciate you all!"Mary G.
“Thank you and the team immensely for the support you not only provide the participants but the caregivers. You truly are the gold standard. When I enter Glenner or speak to anyone on the team, it is clearly much more than a job to you all. You care deeply about the work you do and the people you serve which is exactly the type of social worker I want to interact with. You have to care, and I can tell by all of your support and guidance you all care. I have learned more than you can believe from just simple emails and conversations with you and your team. Thank you for caring for our loved ones, as well as us - their family members. It makes this road less difficult to navigate.”Anonymous
GLENNERCARE™ is not intended for emergencies. In case of emergency, please call 911 immediately.